My idea of love… decoded! (Contest Entry)
For the past 3 days now, I have been trying to write an entry for Mon’s recently launched 8th month anniversary contest. But I can’t seem to gather my thoughts. Well, I have been disturbed (again!) by some uber personal things lately. Plus, the contest requirement is to write something about love. I think, maybe, I’m too inexperienced when it comes to love that’s why I can’t write write about it that easily. (2x pa lang kasing na-inlove! Hehehe!)
I tried to browse my old posts though and I realized that I have already written something about love some 2 years back. I got it titled “My Idea of Love… decoded!”. Apparently, it was a follow-up entry to something that happened to me and my friends during a short kita-kitz. Since I find it more fitting for the contest, I want to make some parts of what I have written in that post as my official entry to Mon’s Love-Themed Article Writing Contest.
(just click on the pic for the detailed entry about the contest)
Let’s get the ball rolling with my kick-ass statement:
“Believe it or not, I do not want to indulge myself on love.”
Hah! Such strong statement there, eh?!
Of course, I have my own reasons why I have that statement in mind. As I may have written in one of my entries, I have my share of love stories in the past. And mine were not the “ideal” kind of relationships a simple girl would/could ever dream of. My stories are rather exceptional and are known only to people who are very close to me. So, if you have a crystal clear idea of what I am trying to say here, well then, close friends tayo!
For me, love is a not a game to be played. Love is and always will be a serious thing. Love is such a strong word. People would rarely hear me say those 3 divine words. And when I say them, it only means one thing… I am dead serious of what I feel.
Love entails a lot of things. Happiness. Companionship. Acceptance. Commitment. Responsibility. Sacrifice. It gives a person a sense of belongingness. It allows a person to do things unexpectedly and lets that person do things unselfishly. Love gives an unexplainable feeling of sensation.
Love has its drawbacks though. Pain. Hurt. Resentment. Heartache. Most of the time, it leaves a person devastated. Sometimes, it makes a person feel so low, wasted and so damn worthless. But these things actually make love more valuable and make a person stronger. Somehow, these drawbacks turn a person to be an expert on love and makes people understand love a little bit more… in a hard way though.
But how ever which way we think about it, love is such a wonderful thing.
Being involved with someone without love is such a useless feeling. Yes, I have tried this once some years back and it’s not a nice feeling. I only felt emptiness. It was just a waste of time… such a waste of my precious time! And I promised myself to never do that again… not in this lifetime. Anyhow, it’s also good to have experienced such thing. It further confirmed my thoughts and ideas on love.
I don’t want to indulge myself on love simply because I don’t want to play with my emotions. I don’t want to put my heart on the line. Yes, I’m no risk taker. I want to stay in my comfort zone. I want to keep myself intact first before I enter the complicated world called love. Because when I fall in love, I just don’t give my heart to certain person… I give my whole being. I give him my present and my future. I give him all of me.
Maybe, just maybe, I’m overly careful not to experience those negative things love brings. I’m too darn afraid to feel pain, suffering, resentment and heartbreak. But despite this I-really-don’t-want-to-indulge-myself-on-love mindset, my heart is in fact open for a new love… IT ALWAYS IS.
And now, I will leave you with a song so familiar to most of us. May this song give you an idea how is it for someone like me to fall in love.🙂
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Love-Themed Article Writing Contest
Monz Avenue has now reached its 8th month in the blogosphere! Thanks to you.
As my way of showing gratitude for the continued support that you have shown to me and to my blog, I am running a contest. Oo na, gaya-gaya na ako. Peru eto uso ngayon eh. Hahlols. ^_^
The Rules / Mechanics:
- Make a post about love, too much love, unrequited love, unconditional love and any kind of love that you could think of.
- Put this shirt design image (see above picture) anywhere on your post. The shirt image must have a link towards my blog. Note: Failure to do so disqualifies your entry.
- Include the links of the sponsors in your entry/post.
Criteria for judging:
- Number of comments on your entry/post. (30%)
- Number of incoming generated links from your blog to my blog through that T-shirt image in your blog post. Let me know if this is not clear. I’m using getclicky.com to get this info. Will give update every 3 days. (40%)
- Number of votes: I will put up a poll in the sidebar with the names of the participants after the 10 is completed. (20%)
- Relevance to the Theme / (T-shirts design) (10%)
This contest is co-sponsored by the following generous bloggers:
- Chad of Coolbutsmokin.wordpress.com who offers cash through Paypal
- Rhona of Kofistains.com who offers cash through Paypal
- Reesie of Reesie.net who offers cash through Paypal
- Jehzeel of Jehzlau-Concepts.com who offers cash through Paypal
- Jerick of Rickspot.com who offers ad space at his site
- Bogcess of TechnoChase.com who offers cash through Paypal
- Mars of OrphicPixel.com who offers cash through Paypal
- Winkie of WinkiesWorld.wordpress.com who offers cash/E-load
- Cris of www.crisiboy.com who offers cash/E-load
- Ghie of Confessions who offers cash through Paypal
(Funny, I’m both a sponsor and a contestant! Hahaha!)
(Note to Mon: Yung dried mangoes ko ha! And my shirt size is either small or medium… or basta 15 inches ang shoulder width. Parang sure win ako noh?! Hahaha!)
(Note to all readers: I need comments for this entry. Mag SPAM comment na kayo please!!! NOW NA!!! :) )