Commercial Break: revsiopao’s blog launch
Last week, my good old friend and high school classmate, Jhoen, buzzed me on YM. Remember him from one of my June posts? If not, you can read back from HERE.
I hope that link refreshed you of who Reverend Jhoen is.🙂
Oh well, last time was not the usual kumusta-ka-kapatid buzz. Apparently, Jhoen asked me to do one helluva favor for him. And when I say “helluva favor”… I really mean a-big-kinda-deal favor!!!
He initially told me that he is scheduled for the international launch of his new blog site at a new platform. WordPress, that is.
I thought, “Yeah yeah yeah, big deal!” LOL!
Since I have known Jhoen as an active member in the blogsphere (unlike me, i’m confined here in Friendster and Multiply, hehehe!) and have been featured in one of the more famous blogsites in the international blogosphere, I then again thought, “It’s big deal indeed!”
So, going back to that helluva favor, Jhoen insisted and convinced me to be a part of his launch. And mind you, there’s a long to do list! He’s such an overly demanding deacon! LOL!
Anyways, since I am a very good and accommodating friend (ehem! ehem!), I did what was requested of me. Here’s the summary of that darn tedious checklist:
(1) make a short video clip, 1 to 2 minutes to be exact (hmmm, carry ko yan… online vid-exposure! LOL!)
(2) prepare a congratulatory and welcome spiel (my gass, with script-writing requirements!)
(3) represent the Philippines with famous symbols like carrying a flag or wearing the national costume (help! where the heck is lola’s treasure chest?!)
(4) do a solo or group performance, song or dance (production number?! hey, hey, hey, this is way over the top! i think i should ask for PF on this! LOL!)
(5) use English as medium for the so-called “international” readers (ay, i’m sure, there’ll be a nosebleed scene after the shoot! hahaha!) or if script is in Tagalog, make a sub-title (ano ito? DVD… pirated version?!)
(6) email the output (read: edited version) on or before Dec. 3 as he needs final editing prior to launch and posting (grrrr… kundi ko lang kaibigan, upakan ko na sana eh! hehehe!)
I was able to do though most of the things Jhoen required… except for items 4 and 6! Hehehe! Never in a million years I would exploit myself doing a grand production number or even hire some people to do the singing or dancing for me. So, I just opted for a very simple solo performance… solo kung solo! Hahaha! And of course, I sent it way late behind schedule. Hey, I have a life, too, you know?! LOL!
Anyhoo, enough with the long talks.
I now present to you, Reverend Jhoen’s new cyber tambayan, este, tindahan pala. Click now and read on!
P.S. Don’t miss checking out my video, huh?! LOL!
P.S.S. And hey, I’m in the blogroll! Yey!