10 Things You Hate About Me
I was browsing my DVDs and came across Julia Stiles’ chick-flick film entitled “10 Things I Hate About You”. The story is about a strong-willed girl named Kat Stratford. Despite Kat’s (Julia Stiles) strong personality, she fell deeply in love with the easy-go-lucky Patrick Verona (Heath Ledger) which led her to write a poem “10 Things I Hate About You”.
Well, this is not about love or me falling in love with a hot easy-go-lucky guy. I just thought of writing a similar list for myself… the top 10 things people hate about me (as far as I know!)
So here it goes… not in chronological order though!
- BITCH, WITCH, BRATINELLA, PASAWAY, PRIMADONA, MALDITA. Yes, call me whatever you like… I wouldn’t mind at all. This is the way I really am. So just live with it, ok?! Some real bitchy attitude, huh?! LOL!
- SUPLADA, SUNGIT. My being suplada is my way of protecting myself from all the harmful entities around… or let’s just say, I’m not that overly friendly. Sungit, on the other hand, is the twin sister of suplada… LOL!
- HOT-TEMPERED, SHORT-TEMPERED. The first time I received this comment was in prep school… in my report card! As early as 5 years old, people detected my being hot- and short-tempered. I really do not know why I have such temper. Bugnutin lang talaga siguro ako since birth! Hahaha!
- STUBBORN, HARD-HEADED. If given the chance, I do things my way. No one or nothing can make me change my mind if I am up to something. I don’t easily seek advice or help from those around me as I want to do things my way… alone!
- COLD-HEARTED. I have this strong level of coldness especially when I’m too angry with something or someone. And I keep that anger for a very long time… sometimes years! But when I forgive, expect total forgiveness. I’m not the type who would upbraid all mistakes of the past.
- OVERLY TALKATIVE. Talking is my middle name. I can really go on for hours talking about anything or anyone (aay, tsismosa!) under the sun. I have lots of stories to tell about myself… so much opinion about anything or anyone (aay, pintasera!)… I simply like to talk a lot! But if you ask me to listen, well, I can keep my mouth shut… I can also be a good listener. 😉
- MAARTE… in the real essence of the word! For those of you who can’t still accept that I am a ‘girl’… well, sorry but I sometimes have a hard time keeping my one-of-the-boys image. It seems like my arte-ness have mind of its own… kusang lumalabas sa kahit anong pagkakataon!
- MOODY (read: excessive mood swings). No further explanation on this… I just have this weird moody attitude that can’t be explained or controlled. Sorry!
- SELFISH. I’m an only child so I always get all the attention! I’m not blaming my parents for this though. It’s just that I expect people to give me all the things I want or say… and most of the time, they do! It makes me feel like I’m sooo blessed with very generous and patient friends. Hahaha!
- LATE… most of the time! Call me unprofessional but I really hate to wait. So I always show up late in any meeting, kita-kitz or event. I would rather let other people get angry with me than me getting angry with them because I waited too long. I tell you, that would be chaos! And please, don’t arrange morning kita-kitz… I’m just not a morning person!
Hmmmmnnnn, I can almost feel your eagerness to add a lot more items to my list. But hey, let’s limit it this way. My blog space might get clogged up if you’ll add whatever you have in mind now! Hahaha!
I am well aware that I am not the perfect friend that anyone could ever have. I have sooooo much flaws that make me distinctly the way I am. But you have to be honest with me, you still love me as a friend despite all these. It’s just a matter of accepting me… the “real” me 🙂
I will try to redeem myself by coming up with another post entitled “10 Things You Love About Me”. It may take some time though to finish as I can’t still think what is it love about me. LOL!